The season of holiday parties is almost approaching. Of course, parties also imply bottomless margarita lunches and full-bottle wine nights, so the accompanying, annoying hangovers are all but guaranteed, especially for the less responsible. And if you've ever experienced a hangover, which is much less enjoyable than your night out, you know that it can leave you with a pounding headache, nausea, dizziness, sensitivity to light or sound, and other hangover issues.
How to deal with hangovers? Many quick hangover cures are available but milk thistle is the best hangover remedy. In this blog, we are going to discuss how milk thistle helps you to fight hangovers.
What is a Hangover?
The term "hangover" refers to the overall physical and mental side effects of binge drinking. The quantity of alcohol consumed as well as other factors affect how bad a hangover will be. Hangovers don't happen right away after drinking. If you drank alcohol the night before going to bed, they typically start several hours later or in the morning. You can experience temporary numbness, confusion, and disorientation. To get over a hangover and hangxiety, people frequently turn to home treatments. A hangover normally goes away after a few hours, even if it is left untreated.
What are the Effects of Hangovers on the Liver?
It's possible to wake up with a severe headache, nausea, fatigue, dehydration, and stomach pain after consuming too much alcohol. Finding the readily available items in your home that can help relieve the hangover is the quickest way to obtain relief.
Alcohol consumption that is excessive boosts the levels of reactive oxygen species. Your liver is harmed by these harmful substances, which results in cirrhosis, a condition where the liver scars.
Natural Hangover Remedy: Milk Thistle
Based solely on their long history of usage as a traditional cure, thistle and Thisilyn Maximum Strength Milk Thistle are ancient herbal medicines used to treat symptoms of occasional overindulgence in food and drink, such as indigestion and upset stomach. Read the label every time.
Due to its long history of use as a liver protector, it is a well-known herbal cure for a hangover.
Many bodily functions are active while a person is drunk. The alcohol is broken down into water and carbon dioxide with the aid of abundant amounts of enzymes. Because women's bodies do not manufacture these enzymes in the same numbers as men's do, women tend to have worse hangovers than men do.
Reactive oxygen species are less released thanks in part to milk thistle. You experience a reduction in indigestion, a decrease in irritability in your stomach, and a decrease in nausea.
Additionally, these health supplements can help prevent liver scarring from heavy drinking by protecting your liver both before and after drinking.
It's not shown scientifically, nevertheless, how well it works to cure hangovers. So, you can take Milk Thistle tablets before and after your night out. It is worth trying as a hangover supplement even though it cannot cure a hangover but may lessen your symptoms.
5 Proven Ways to Prevent a Hangover with Milk Thistle
Hangovers are the worst. You know the feeling: headache, nausea, fatigue, and general crumminess. But did you know that there are ways to prevent a hangover? One of those ways is milk thistle!
It is a flowering herb that has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for liver and digestive problems. It's also been shown to be effective in preventing hangovers! Here are 5 proven ways to prevent a hangover with this herb:
- Take it before drinking alcohol: This can help protect your liver from the damaging effects of alcohol consumption. So, take it before you start drinking, and you'll be less likely to wake up feeling awful the next day.
- Take it throughout your night of drinking: If you're planning on having more than one drink, make sure to take milk thistle every few hours during your night out. This will help keep your liver protected and reduce the chances of a hangover tomorrow morning.
- Choose quality over quantity: When it comes to alcoholic beverages, opt for higher quality options like craft beer or wine, rather than cheap beer or hard liquor. The fewer ingredients an alcoholic beverage has, the easier it is on your body - including your liver!
- Eat before & during drinking sessions: It's important to eat something prior To consuming alcohol, as well as throughout the night while enjoying drinks. Eating helps slow down absorption rates Into The bloodstream & prevents blood sugar levels from dropping too low (which can lead to feelings of nausea)
- Sip water In between drinks: Whenever you have an alcoholic beverage, follow It up with A glass or two of water in order to stay hydrated throughout the night (dehydration Is often one of the main causes behind headaches & other hangover symptoms)
By following these simple tips, you can enjoy yourself without worrying about waking up feeling terrible tomorrow!
Symptoms that can occur after drinking too much alcohol include a headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and general feelings of illness. While there are many over-the-counter remedies for hangovers available, milk thistle is a natural option that has been shown to be effective in fighting the ill effects of alcohol consumption. If you're looking for an all-natural way to deal with your next hangover, milk thistle may be the best remedy for you.